Thursday, July 25, 2013

They call him DR. OCTOPUS!!


 
  I don't remember why or how this idea popped into my head.  I was just drawing, and I though of doctor octopus having a back pack like thingy with REAL octopus tentacle coming out of his back.  Being a scientist, I put him into a yellow hazmat suit, also coinciding with his original colors of yellow and green, adding the green tint to his goggles.
  Overall I really like this picture.  I feel it's a lot of fun, i had a lot of fun drawing it, I like the colors, and most importantly it shows improvement!
  I even threw in my original pencil sketch.  Photoshop however makes better artists out of all of us.  I personally feel it's because it's an easier version of tracing paper.  I feel I could have gotten the above result, but after tracing it and tracing it and tracing it. so in instances like this im grateful it sped up the process and saved some wildlife.  On the other hand, I want to eventually be a traditionalist, learning to do al of it from start to finish on paper.

  As an aspiring artist, I'm always looking on how I can improve my stuff.  Even the pictures i may be proud of like this one.  As i looked back on it, I saw some things I could fix.  I made the adjustments and decided to post the notes about it for anyone who cares to see the things I look for to make the picture better and even discipline myself to notice them when I draw a picture the first time around.

  Enjoy Doctor Octopus!

No comments: